Esound is a piece of bloatware - try to use it's network options and see what I means... (in terms of memory/processor) It's so bad - that the Gnome people themselves want to replace it with other alternatives... -- Hetz Ben Hamo hetz@kde.org On Tuesday 21 August 2001 14:15, Danie Roux wrote: > On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 02:01:00PM +0300, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote: > > Hi Jonathan, others... > > > > The biggest disadvantage of Red Carpet (at least in #kde channel on IRC) > > is that its using the "competing" desktop's technology. I personally have > > no problem to use it - as we say "use the right tool for the right job" > > and IMHO - it is the right tool, so the disadvantage is more "political" > > then technical (which makes me wonder - we use libXML from gnome and no > > one seems to have problem with it) - so it's up to the core-devel team to > > decide wether to embrace it or not... > > esound works great, to me it just seems that artd replaces esound while > adding nothing new. > > Why? Or am I wrong? > > It would be a great if KDE and GNOME shared as much as possible > technologies.A KPart and Bonobo bridge/merge would be a great step forward > for example. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<