List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdeinit uses max cpu, kde 2.2
From:       Ole Jacob Taraldset <ojt () gexcon ! com>
Date:       2001-08-21 11:07:45

I think you problem is probably fam. Have a look in your /var/log/messages
and I think you will find it filled up with messages about fam not beeing
able to read some file in ~/.kde. I changed something in /etc/fam.conf (some
security option) and now KDE 2.2 doesn't use more CPU than 2.1. Please note
that there might be some security issue here... I don't know.

-Ole Jacob

--
GexCon AS, Bergen, Norway
Tel : +47 55574334 (office) +47 55558650 (home)