List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: QXEmbed and event filters
From:       "James Darpinian" <J112282 () prodigy ! net>
Date:       2001-08-21 6:17:25

» QXEmbed filters events already, so why not simply subclass it and
» reimplement eventFilter()?

Well what I am doing actually is fiddling around with Kicker, which uses
QXEmbed in several places (like in the System tray applet and applets that
are loaded externally).  I'm trying to implement a mode where every applet
is draggable simply by clicking anywhere on it, rather than using applet
handles.  I was hoping to avoid making large changes to the code and the
applets.  Besides, if events got to the QXEmbed eventFilter function
wouldn't that mean that they had already gone through the global application
filter (in which case I would be catching them)?  Doesn't QXEmbed do
lower-level filtering (at the X11 level, which I know very little about)?

I guess I'll have to RTFC some more, and look at the X11 docs.  It seems to
me that if QXEmbed used the eventFilter method to catch QT events and turn
them back into X events to send to the embedded window, then I would be able
to filter it normally.

	James