List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: strange behaviour with nested layouts ?
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-08-21 0:23:12

On Sonntag, 19. August 2001 16:30 Thomas Eschenbacher wrote:

Hi,

> The height is always ok, but the first time the dialog is opened, the
> width is in 80% of the cases *extreme*, like 2000-3000 pixels wide (abt.
> 480 would be ok). If I then close and re-open the dialog, it looks fine
> in over 95% of cases.
>
> In the subclass I make debug outputs with sizeHint() and minimumSize()
> in the constructor. This pointed out that minimumSize() and sizeHint()
> really have weird values!?

Maybe some childwidget in your dialog produces that big width? Try checking
all the individual sizeHints. Maybe kspy from kdesdk could help you with that.

> Is there a known problem with "sub-layouts"? My dialog contains some
> nested layouts.

No, usually not.

> I have the same problems in some other dialogs too, it seems that the
> more complex the layout is, the less it works...
>
> I have tried:
> - layout->activate()

You only need that when you dynamically add widgets to an already layouted
widget.

> P.S: I'm using qt-2.3.0-65 + kde-2.1.2

You could try a newer Qt, i.e. qt-copy, dunno if there have been fixes like
that.

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer