List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Version number on spash screen
From:       "Jonathan Bacon" <j.bacon () delta ! wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-08-20 9:09:49

Hi all,

I have a suggestion for some of the artists the create the splash
screens for KDE.

I have noticed that a lot of users who install KDE as part of a
distribution are often unfamilier with the version number. Would it be
possiblt to put it on the splashscreen.

It is going to be particularly useful when we start all the usability
testing as part of the usability study. We *will* need to the know the
version number of the KDE being used by the candidate.

Cheers,

          Jono