List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDB question
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2001-08-18 15:02:21

At 08:02 AM 8/18/2001, you wrote:
>hi there
>
>is KDB the current (and future) way to write database - apps for KDE.
>or should we take other meachanisms?
>
>thanks
>
>thomas

> unsubscribe <<

the release of Qt3 and the addition of QtDB has thrown things up the air at
the moment.  On a cursory look it appears that QtDB has most of what you
need, but KDB still addresses some other issues.  We are looking at how
best to leverage the various work into providing a unified method that works.

Depending on what you are doing, I would also recommend unixODBC, which is
much further advanced than iODBC that I've seen.

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President
theKompany.com