List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to launch the default browser under KDE.
From:       Josef Spillner <dr_maux () maux ! de>
Date:       2001-08-16 16:10:47

On Thursday 16 August 2001 17:35, Dominique Louis wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>    I have just given this a try and as root it works fine and as
> advertised, but when using it as a normal user I get...
> error while loading shared libraries : /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.3 undefined
> symbol : stylechange__8QToolBarR6Qstyle.

I had exactly this @work today, so do an "ldd" on this library, and an "nm"
on the associated qt library, and the symbol is happily sitting in there.
Having had not so much time I simply deleted the old (Qt 2.2.3) lib, making
sure only the new one (2.3.1) is there, ran ldconfig again and it worked,
although this old lib wasn't referenced. At least you should try that.

It has nothing to do with root privileges, except that maybe an
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set wrong or whatever.
(KDE_2_2_RELEASE)

The browser problem: Somewhere on tuxedo.org there's a suggestion to
introduce a $BROWSER env variable - but after all, do never ever (also for
the future) assume something like a central registry.

Josef

--
The MindX Open Source Project: Fighting proprietary games
GGZ now! - The GGZ Gaming Zone: http://ggz.sourceforge.net