List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Desktop icon placement weirdness ...
From:       Thomas Leitner <tom () radar ! tu-graz ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-08-08 16:24:06

Hi,

This is with KDE 2.2 release version: I was fighting now for more than an
hour to get my desktop icons placed like I want them. Apparently there's a
certain situation which triggers a completely weird behaviour of the
desktop icon placement. When the desktop is in this mode, you cannot move
icons anymore. They just jump back to their original auto-placed position.
The only way to get rid of it is to log-out and log-in again.

I think this mode can be triggered by placing many icons too close to
each other or placing one or more icons at the upper or right border of
the desktop so that parts of the icon are located outside of the desktop.

In any case: Can anyone confirm this? Any fix?

Thanks // Tom
Dr. Tom Leitner                             Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology,
e-mail    : tom@radar.tu-graz.ac.at         Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://www.radar.tugraz.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to pgp-public-keys@keys.pgp.net