List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Where is "Run Command"?
From:       "Claes Andersson" <claes2001 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-08-07 22:06:35

>enlighten me, please
>how do you type kdesu with 10 keystrokes?

kdesu is new too me, thanks for telling me about it. But is not KDE
primarily about building an excellent GUI environment? What an "ordinary"
user sees is not "type kdesu to run programs as root". Instead he sees an
advanced button, and if he presses it he can click run as different user and
then he can also enter password. Now, to do this from the keyboard, you have
to press programname tab space tab tab tab tab tab space username tab tab
password. Or something with Alt modifiers which gets even more complicated
for the "ordinary" user.

Claes