List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Where is "Run Command"?
From:       "Claes Andersson" <claes2001 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-08-07 21:14:09

>It's actually part of kdesktop - that's why it comes up so fast. You might
>want to try some other program to mess around with... Or just do the QT
>tutorials.
>
>-David

Ok, so there is no way to execute it from the commandline then? The reason I
want to play with it is because I think its user interface could be
enhanced. I think it is too complicated to run a program as a different user
for example. If you want to do this with just using the keyboard, you have
to press 10 extra keypresses + the keys to enter user and password. This
could definitely be improved. And I think the most common user it is used
with is root, so you can perhaps simplify it even more.

Claes