List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: branch for kdevelop
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-07 20:43:07

On Tuesday 07 August 2001 01:35 pm, Roland Krause wrote:
> Waldo, friends,
> I would like to create a branch for the development of an interim
> version of KDevelop, leading to a KDevelop-2.1 that is based upon the
> currently released code. The branch shall be of KDEVELOP_1_4 which is
> our current development branch and it shall be named
> KDEVELOP_2_X_BRANCH. As an alternative the current KDEVELOP_1_4 branch
> could also be renamed but, as I understand cvs, this it not really what
> one is supposed to do.

Feel free to make a new branch but what about GIDEON then? I thought GIDEON
was supposed to be part of KDE 3.0? If you are now talking about KDevelop 2.1
I'm getting this strong feeling that gideon will never be released and die an
untimely death. You might want to reconsider your priorities. And why can't
you continue to use the KDEVELOP_1_4 branch? Just because of the name?

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE 2.2: We deliver.