List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2 tagged
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2001-08-07 18:57:15

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> > > kdetoys?
> >
> > How's that? It's certainly not a toy. Unless, perhaps kdetoys should be
> > renamed "apps-we-can't-classify" :).
>
> kdeapps starts to look better and better.

But they are all kde apps ;-).

How about kdemisc, kdepotpourri, ...

This raises the bigger point:  why package all kinds of programs that
have a small user base into a core package?  At least if this is done
shouldn't there be an easy way for packagers to split them into
individual files?

Also something to take into account is that most KDE books cover the
apps in the core packages.  Why should they devote a chapter to these
programs if they have a small following?

Ciao,

Dre