List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Help needed with project for integrating cd writing into KDE
From:       Roy Katz <katz () Glue ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2001-08-06 19:35:12

Hello,

I've been talking with a couple of developers on #kde about adding
CD mastering functionality into KDE (specifically, Konqueror).
Although I have plenty of experience with C and C++, I am completely new
to KDE programming.  So I'm looking for a few partners who can help
me get this project finished.
	The model we (I apologise for not knowing your names, Hetz and
Phalynx, from #kde) have in mind is that of an 'arrangement file' which
appears in Konqueror as a standard directory in which a user can drag and
drop files, make directories, etc.  In the Tools menu there would be
new entries for burning to CD, mastering an ISO Image, or saving the
arrangement (.arr).  Also, appropriate actions would be added for ISO
images whereby a user can select right click->burn and have the image
written out to disc, etc.  The formal model is (in my
mind) refined of redundancies, and is consistent with the rest of KDE.

So! if anyone wants to help us out, please email me at katz@wam.umd.edu.
I would appreciate it *very* much.

Thanks!
Roey Katz