List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kio_scp
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () andamooka ! org>
Date:       2001-08-04 14:19:07

I started working on the KIOSlave code to implement an scp:// protocol.  The
goal is to be able to do secure file management on a remote machine (to
replace ftp:// in my normal use).

I use ssh and standard shell commands (ls, cat, chmod for example) to get the
information needed to implement methods like stat(), listDir(), get(),
chmod(), and so on and it's working well so far.  Unfortunately, because of
work and other projects I just don't have the time to finish kio_scp.

If you're is looking for a project and would like to continue development of
kio_scp, I'd be really happy about it (as might others; see
http://dot.kde.org/search?body=scp for example).  Information is available at
http://www.andamooka.org/~dsweet/NYLUGTalk/kioscp.html and the code is at
http://www.andamooka.org/~dsweet/NYLUGTalk/kioscp-0.1.tgz

Dave
--
Read, annotate, and discuss open source documentation at
Andamooka: http://www.andamooka.org