List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: About TeX as printing engine [Re: Fwd: Re: Application Ideas]
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-04 5:48:41

On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 23:21:27 +0200, Marc Mutz wrote:

>> > Yes, with small addition: "GUI must use such print engine or
>> > engines, that allow..." - and further by you words.
><snip>
>
>How about stop this discussion and have a collective look at
>http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/scri_en.html ;-)

I guess we already did that when it was suggested for the first time
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=99581094419585&w=2). This "Scribus"
looks like a mere page layouter, just as the page says: "similar to
Pagemaker, Xpress or InDesign". What we are after here is something
following the Ventura paradigm: an all-around publishing solution for
page layout _and_ long structured text.

Other than that I'd have no problem to stop this discussion, either.

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/