List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Junk Buster Plugin for Khtml
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-04 0:11:21

On Friday 03 August 2001 16:19, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Friday August 03, 2001 08:53, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > Has anyone considered a junk buster type plug in for KDE
> > 3.0?
>
> Konqueror and company implement most of the IJB proxy's functionality
> already.  Sometime before KDE 3 I was planning on making up patches to
> replace the parts of IJB I still use - regexp-based blocking and referrer
> blocking.  With those, I think I could stop using the IJB altogether.

Just FYI.  All extra (actually mostly privacy related) header elements are blockable
in the current CVS version of kio_http.  Simply add one or more of the following
flags into $KDEHOME/share/config/kio_httprc:

SendUserAgent=true/false                      : Controls the sending of user-agent \
info to remote machine SendReferrer=true/false                         : Controls the \
sending of referrer info to remote machine  AllowCompressedPage=true/false            \
: Controls the sending of kio_http abilities to decompress compressed HTML pages \
SendLanguageSettings=true/false            : Controls the sending of the language and \
charset you are currently using/supported DisablePassDlg=true/false                   \
: Controls whether or not the end-user will ever be prompted for a password when \
needed

Regards,
Dawit A.