List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail & encrypted eMails, gpg (mails from this list)
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2001-08-01 16:30:01

[w/o signing, so you can actually read this :-)]

On Tuesday 31 July 2001 17:22, Juergen Sauer wrote:
> Moin,
> some eMails are signed in this maillist.
> If I open such a mail, kmail (1.3, from 2.2ß1-cvs) freezes until
> I do this:
> jojo@pc2:jojo $ ps ax|grep gpg
>   893 ?        S      0:00 gpg --batch --decrypt
>   895 pts/1    S      0:00 grep gpg
> jojo@pc2:jojo $ killall gpg
> jojo@pc2:jojo $
>
> It looks like an error, kmail tries to exec gpg, but gpg request any
> input ? So kmail waits infinite ?

Do you have a big ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg? It can take a few seconds
(well, sometimes more that that :-) for gpg to run to the end.

> What's there going wrong ?
> This behaivior should be fixed before releas of 2.2-final, else
> the supporters will go crazy ...
<snip>

At least I don't have any problems with it and on the KMail and on the
gnupg lists, there are even more signed messages around ;-)

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>
http://marc.mutz.com/