List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Cookies over https ?
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-08-01 4:31:00

> Ok. You seem to connect to "localhost", but the cookie says
> "domain=in.gtsgroup.cz", I don't think that will work.
>
> Can you try to connect through the full hostname and see if that works?

Hi!
  Many thanks again!
  Of course it works, it was my stupidity.
  I was testing it from home, but to gain access to the intranet of our
company, I needed to use an ssh tunnel to one of my machines living there,
because otherwise the intranet server would refuse me.
  It was the reason for accessing localhost:4444.
  Now I modified /etc/hosts temporarily and added in.gtsgroup.cz as a synonym
for localhost (and accessed it).
  Even over such a fake, it worked now.
  An important point is, that it *doesn't work* on machines, which we have at
work, and which are loaded with KDE-2.1. It was the reason for which I tested
it - I don't still have any 2.2 machine at work, I must make my personal
distribution (at home) and install it there. The real problem was solved in
2.2, but due to my incorrect testing methods I didn't discover it.
  Thanks again for Your help.

                                       With regards, Pavel Troller