List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Berlin-Clock mode for kclockapplet
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-31 14:53:41

Am Montag, 30. Juli 2001 23:50 schrieb Carsten Pfeiffer:
> On Montag, 30. Juli 2001 20:07 Malte Starostik wrote:
> > The result is a "Berlin-Clock" mode for Kicker's clock applet. The
> > colours are hardcoded to red and yellow like on the original outdoor
> > clock in Berlin - guess where the name comes from :)
>
> hmm, should the clock applet use KTrader to locate clock plugins? :)
Hehe, anyone screaming "overkill"? :)
The applet has four types already, five with my patch. There are surely many
more clock types someone might want to implement. 24-hour analog, analog
running counter-clockwise, bar "graphs" for hr and min, talking clock anyone?
:)
In theory no one needs more than a textual display, maybe speech synthesis
for accessibility; but looking at how many more or less different clock apps
there are, this is probably one of the things one just has to have a choice
about...

Seriously, the different modes all inherit from a pure virtual base class
already, so factoring them out into shlibs shouldn't be that much of a
problem, only the settings dialog would need some redesign.
Okay, I'm pretty indifferent on this, maybe someone has a stronger opinion...

--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]