List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Cookies over https ?
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-07-31 4:56:53

Hi!
  Sorry for asking such a stupid questions...
  One of last problems, which occur with konqueror used on our
intranet, is the following:
  We have a helpdesk trouble ticket application. It uses ticket filtering
based on cookies. There is a page, containing form, where one can set up
their filters, and after submitting the form, server should send me a cookie.
In the main application, my browser should supply the cookie and server then
filters the tickets as set in my cookie.
  However, we have a problem with konqueror.
  The server never sends the cookie to it, or konqueror is unable to receive it.
I have it set to warn on cookies but I see no warning after submitting the form,
and the filter is not applied.
Listing the cookies shows me no cookie from this server.
  Using netscape from the same machine, cookie arrives and the filter is
working.
  I know that this description is very vague, but I beg for a hint, what
more diagnosis should I do to find where is the problem.
  Normally I receive tons of unwanted cookies from various sites. This wanted
one never comes.
  Masquerading konq as netscape or MSIE doesn't help.
  Please keep in mind that it is a https connection, not http.
  As a workaround, is it possible to grab a cookie from netscape (it can get it)
and supply it to konqueror to use it ?

                                        With regards, Pavel Troller