On Monday 30 July 2001 23:27, Rik Hemsley wrote: > #if Allan Sandfeld Jensen > > > C++ exceptions horrible/horribly implemented, and if you do serious work > > where you need to know whats going on you deactivate them or use C. > > Somehow they got accepted in one of the new C++ standards, which is why > > they are on by default. > > What's wrong with C++ exceptions, besides the fact that they cause > large memory overhead with gcc ? "besides" ? I think that single argument is convincing enough... Actually, I also think it's the only argument, but I haven't heard stronger arguments that often... Martijn >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<