On Saturday 28 July 2001 01:43 am, Torsten Rahn wrote: > I don't like this idea because our Logo is the geared "K". Implementing > it using the geared "KDE" would certainly reduce the "branding" of our > current geared "K"-Logo and increase the "branding" of the geared > "KDE"-logo. (Also the "KDE" as a whole on an icon looks more > comic-like/cheesy than the single K does). Well, this brings up another related topic. I proposed some time ago (some months) that we replace our current "the K Desktop Environment" logo (the one with the gear K and the script everything else) with a logo with just KDE. In fact, it looked very similar to the KDE in those snapshots. At the time, the reaction was mostly indifference (after everybody understood what I was proposing) but there was no opposition to it.. not even from you, Torsten. I never pursued it because I'm not a good enough artist to make the official logo. Now if we *do* go with a KDE with a gear K as our logo, then we can strengthen our branding in every respect. -- Kurt Granroth | http://www.granroth.org KDE Developer/Evangelist | SuSE Labs Open Source Developer granroth@kde.org | granroth@suse.com KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<