List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bugs in khtml and/or kjs and compile-problems
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-07-29 20:22:29

> Thanks. Strange...and I built everything fresh...
> have to investigate it after my vacation...

Hi!
  I still have some problems - sites highly using various js tricks
are not working. I also suspect IFRAMEs being broken yet.
  1) www.alik.cz/dome.htm - I already reported it to kfm-devel -
     the main frame is misrendered - the graphics is totally missing,
     however the pointer changes on clickable areas and konqueror
     follows the links. Please compare this page with Netscape rendered
     one, or look at the source.
     This site worked perfectly in some stage after 2.1.2 but broke
     recently.
  2) www.flashnews.cz - there is a JS newsticker, which never worked.
     All the text in the ticker is written over the contents of the page.
     In addidion, these pages hog the CPU extensively and make konqueror
     react to the user input very sloooooooowly.
  3) In various sites (www.lupa.cz, www.flashnews.cz and more) fragments
     of html appear on the screen, causing the page being misrendered
     (fragments occupy some space causing the design to be broken and
     because they are probably not interpreted it can cause another
     misrendering). Just browse - select some articles, follow some
     links - and You'll see
  In addition, a bug which is not in khtml - konqueror used as fm and resized,
doesn't redraw the left view, obviously with the dir tree. It must be turned
off/on using the sidebar to redraw in the new size.

  All this checked with kdelibs/base dated today/21:00 CEST.

                                           With regards, Pavel Troller