List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: K start menu icon ideas
From:       Eric Sorensen <esorensen () nexgo ! de>
Date:       2001-07-28 21:01:20

On Saturday 28 July 2001 01:42, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>...A hint that appears automatically after startup might be
> helpfull. It has a limited use of course.. Once you know where to find the
> menu it has done its job.

Since there is already an introduction wizzard in place and SuSE for their
part already puts this to use why not build slightly on this idea.

Instead of just poping up the Wizzard, why not develop an animation that
shows the mouse going down and clicking on the KDE button.  This pops up the
menu (per DCOP) and then clicking on the Welcome-Wizzard.

There could hardly be anything more intuitive for the user and once he/she
deactivates the wizzard, this animation would also be permanently deactivated.

I don't know what this requires for programming skills, but I can't imagine
it being an act of congress.

By the way I HATE the 'Start' idea.  This is either KDE and it shows IT'S
face or it calls itself Windows-Rip-off.

				Eric Sorensen