List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Re: K start menu icon ideas
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () kde ! de>
Date:       2001-07-28 6:43:35

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Friday 27 July 2001 04:01 pm, Sheldon Lee Wen wrote:
> > OK, you KDE veterans, don't freak out when you see the "start" ones. You
> > can see them on a corner of my website I threw up for KDE, here:
> >
> > http://lycadican.sourceforge.net/kde/
>
> I like snapshot4 the most I think, maybe the gear should be moved behind the
> 'E' instead of behind the 'K'.

I don't like this idea because our Logo is the geared "K". Implementing
it using the geared "KDE" would certainly reduce the "branding" of our
current geared "K"-Logo and increase the "branding" of the geared
"KDE"-logo. (Also the "KDE" as a whole on an icon looks more
comic-like/cheesy than the single K does).

For PR-Reasons the geared "K"-Logo is better (because there's nothing to
be "read".

On the other side making "KDE" out of "K" won't help very much either.
If people don't know the geared "K"-Logo - how do you make sure that
they know what "KDE" is?

Greetings,
Tackat