List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Re: K start menu icon ideas
From:       Sheldon Lee Wen <tormak () home ! com>
Date:       2001-07-27 23:39:41

> I like snapshot4 the most I think, maybe the gear should be moved behind
> the 'E' instead of behind the 'K'.
>
> Would having "KDE" there help from a usability point of view?

I believe it would. Some people agree, some don't. One thing that the gnome
study pointed out was that the foot didn't mean anything to people b/c they
did not associate it w/ gnome, or programs. The K is better being that it is
the name KDE, but people new to KDE will not have the contextual information
that we might have in order to make this guess. It was pointed out that a
larger, and more pronounced button with better contextual information would
help. Thus, the Kstart and KDE ideas (w/ or w/o the icons on the bottom).

> Do we infringe on trademarks/patents if we have a "Start" button there?

Hmm. I don't know.

Cheers,
Sheldon.

"... all thoughts of selfish desire, ill-will, hatred and
 violence are the result of a lack of wisdom ... "
 - Buddha

For an awsome fantasy role playing game checkout:
http://lycadican.sourceforge.net