List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Remove Dark Background color schemes? (Digital CDE?)
From:       520026136523-0001 () t-online ! de (Moritz Moeller-Herrmann)
Date:       2001-07-27 9:29:28

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 11:02:11AM +0200, Wilco Greven wrote:
> > 1) The connecting lines in tree views are always black, making them
> > hard or even impossible to see.
>
> That's a shortcoming in the style. If you use Qt CDE, the connecting lines are
> clearly visible.

Well the bug is in the followiung styles:
High Color Standard, B3, KDE-SGI, KDE-Standard, KDE-Step, High Color
KDE-Step, Mega Gradient, QT-Platin, QT-Windows, Risc-Os, System, Web
Style.

So it is not " a shortcoming in THE style". It is fixed in TWO
QT-Styles.

> > 2) There is no (simple) way to set the default text size in khtml apart from
> > changing it for all of KDE. As many (broken, but existing and real)
> > web sites simply assume a dark text default color. This can be
> > demonstrated e.g. on www.prolinux.de again with "Digital CDE" color
> > scheme.
>
> I don't see anything different on that site than when using a "convential"
> colour scheme.

Well look at the text color of standard text. It is white on white.
(Note: You may have to restart konqueror, as khtml does not pick up
color changes for existing views.)
I attached a test page, demonstrating the problem. View this page in
Digital CDE style. The text before See? is not visible. You can not
set text color to something different for khtml only.

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh@gmx.net ICQ# 3585990
wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB