List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kamera reliance on gphoto?
From:       David Watson <dgwatson () kent ! edu>
Date:       2001-07-26 20:07:33

On Thursday 26 July 2001 03:49 pm, Rob Napier wrote:
> It looks like kamera requires gphoto, without checking for this in
> configure. Is this a real requirement? gphoto doesn't list Solaris as
> a supported OS, so I'll have to play with it to see if it works. In
> anycase, there needs to be a configure check.

It most definitely does need gphoto - I know when I tried it out after it
first came out I had to hack the gphoto libs to get it to work for the
Olympus I was using. Kamera's just a front-end for the gphoto2 libs, as is
the "new" gphoto2.

But I don't know if it does a configure check or not, since I don't mess with
it (mainly because I don't have a digital camera, and it's very broken).

-David