List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: desktop entries for non-kde sound applications
From:       "Balaji Srinivasan" <balaji () edisl ! com>
Date:       2001-07-24 6:33:29

Hi,

on my comp when artsd is started, it takes up around 80% of processing, even
when I'm not running noatun. when I play mp3s off the harddisk, sound is
_very_ choppy. sound's ok using xmms on OSS drivers directly.
I'm an end-user on kde 2.1.2 (sorry no CVS), so just curious if this has
been fixed..I'm using the sis7018 chip built into a sis630 motherboard, so
maybe it's the drivers..?

cheers