List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Umm... SEVERE khtml problems in current CVS
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-07-22 17:07:23

On Saturday, 21. July 2001 02:26, Antonio Larrosa Jiménez wrote:
> El Vie 20 Jul 2001 21:41, Kurt Granroth escribió:
> > On Friday 20 July 2001 02:03 am, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > So *somehow*, there is a problem with nspluginviewer, libflashplayer.so,
> > Qt, and OpenGL.  I'm guessing a problem between flash and OpenGL...
>
> I had a look some weeks ago and it seems there's a name clash.
>
> Both the flash library and libGLU.so define something called
> "DisplayList", it seems to me that when flash tries to access it, it
> access the libGLU's DisplayList instead which leads to a crash.

Well, I'm no c++ expert, but is it possible to make a precompiled lib run in
a different namespace? Or does one need to recompile it for that?

I just double checked: I installed the KDE 2.1 rpms from Suse and flash does
not crash there! It only crashes on KDE 2.2 Beta. Except from the kde rpms,
everything else is exactly the same on my system, so there must have been
something in kde 2.1 that prevented this clash.

Greetings,
Klas