List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Smart pointers?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-21 22:35:32

On Saturday 21 July 2001 01:42 pm, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Sam, 21 Jul 2001, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > Now I'm left wondering: What's the right thing to do?
>
> use QValueList.

Or use QValueList in combination with KSharedPtr, a ref-counting pointer
class.

Or use QValueList in combination with QGuardedPtr, which automatically resets
the ptr when the object gets desructed.

These methods do have some restrictions though.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Andrei Sakharov, Exciled 1980-1986, USSR, http://www.aip.org/history/sakharov/