List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: desktop entries for non-kde sound applications
From:       Till Krech <till () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-07-21 20:08:15

Hi,
On Saturday, 21. July 2001 21:55, Jeff Tranter wrote:
> There is an aRts plug-in for xmms that will make it work properly
> without the need for artsdsp.

since this may be right for xmms, it is not valid for realplayer.
Sorry to ask, but how do I (or any other user) activate the plugin ? if I use
one of the provided desktop entries or the given choices in the file-type
configuration dialog, I get the described blocking behaviour - sometimes even
with loosing mouse control under X so that I have to switch to another
console and kill xmms.

It's not just a problem for myself - I can live with it - but I'm thinking of
the ordinary user and the upcoming 2.2 final release.

Greetings, Till