List:       kde-devel
Subject:    dekonqified dirTree
From:       Sebastian Trueg <sebastian () trueg ! de>
Date:       2001-07-20 9:12:57

Hy,

after Carsten asking me to have a  look at the konqueror dirTree I extracted
this and now have a KDirTree class which is very easy to use. Just create an
instance and add some TopLevelDirs.
Now Konqueror uses the DirTree as a part and reads it's TopLevelItems from
.desktop files. I thought about KDirTree having two modes: a simple mode like
described above for any application that needs a DirTree to show some
directories (perhaps a default with: home, root, cdrom, ...) and an extended
mode for Konqueror (or other apps) that is able to read the .desktop-files in
a certain directory. I think that would be no problem. What do you think?

But I don't know if I should activate the fileOperations (coded in
KonqOperations) since they are part of the libkonq. Or should the file
operations become a part of the kdelibs and be available in any KFileView?

Furthermore I don't think that it is nessesary to create a KFileView from the
dirview since it can easily be used with a KDirOperator. Just connect the dir
Activated() signal from KDirTree to KDirOperator.

So I would be pleased about some hints on how I should go on with this.

Greetings
Sebastian

PS: Why is drag'n'drop support for the KFileViews planned for KDE3 and not
for the next release since it seems to be that easy to implement?