List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Should kpaint stay in KDE 2.2
From:       Jonathan Singer <jsinger () genome ! wi ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2001-07-18 18:13:38

>From: "Erik K. Pedersen" <erik@binghamton.edu>
>On Tuesday 17 July 2001 08:17 pm, Richard Moore wrote:
>> On Wednesday 18 July 2001 00:01, Philipp Siegert wrote:
>> > I took a closer look at kpaint (kdegraphics package) the last two days.
>> > The program has some nasty bugs in the latest CVS version that make it
>> > quite hard to use. Here are the bugs I found:
>> >
>> > - File->Save does not work
>
>I have just translated the documentation for kpaint, and it says in the
>documentation that File->Save does not work. If it does work now, Isuppose
>somebody should delete a couple of lines from the documentation

I'm doing that now, but ran into a couple of additional issues. Apologies
for not using the usual bug report / write to the author route but since
we're getting a sudden burst of kpaint activity now, I'd like to settle
everything at once:

* The instructions for using Paste are garbled and I can't figure it out
myself. Could someone explain to me (preferably in private email) what
sequence of mouse clicks and whatnot to use? It seems like you select Paste
and randomly click a few times before anything happens.

* Having the dialog pop up to ask for the size of the image when you open a
file seems annoying and pointless. 99.5% of the time you want to keep it
the same size. I'd rather create a new file and paste the old one the other
0.5% and not have to dismiss the window all those other times. That dialog,
IMHO, should only come up on a new image.

In a similar vein, could someone take a look at bug #28122 for Karm? It's
simple to fix, as soon as someone feels authorized to make the change.