I'm having problems with DPMS as well - KDE seems to be breaking it somehow. It WORKS with blackbox. I can run 'xset dpms force suspend', and it will do its stuff under blackbox, but under KDE it doesn't do anything. BTW, this isn't a new problem - it's been going on for a while. I submitted a bug report, but it seems to have been ignored. (?) I'm on Debian, running XFree86 4.0.3 w/NVidia driver - but it's happened with a G400 on 4.0.1 as well. Doesn't matter if it's precompiled or from CVS. >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<