List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Why libxml
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-16 17:47:14

On Monday, 16. July 2001 18:19, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 16 July 2001 02:55 am, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > On Sunday, 15. July 2001 21:29, Igor Gilitschenski wrote:
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >
> > > There is a point I don't get about KDE. Qt has a wonderful XML Parser,
> >
> > Qt has a XML parser which for example can't validate the DTD or even read
> > it. Try to parse an example documentation file with Qt's XML parser and
> > you will see.
>
> Does that mean that you will keep using libxml for the help stuff? Because
> else it was mentioned that the use of libxml was only temporary, so it
> might be usefull to know if you share that opinion or whether you want to
> stick with libxml.
I don't mind. I have a XSL stylesheet a XML document and want to get the
output of it. If some other code can handle that equally well, be it. It's
all about implementing standards. It all comes down as what you consider
temporary. What I've seen from the Qt xml parser I would throw it away and
use libxml, but it seems I'm the only one, everyone else is praising it
because it has such a nice name :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it!