List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konq image border problem??
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-16 14:54:11

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Derek Fountain wrote:

> Er... Isn't marginheight an attribute of the FRAME tag?

yes, works also there.

> And isn't it wrong to
> have a zero value for it anyway?

No. NS has a default of 10, IE 15.

> maybe that's yesterday's news? Actually, the background is being rendered
> correctly by Konqueror AFAICS - it's the positioning of the IMG that doesn't
> look right.

*sigh*. both is right.

> > Wrong. it does not work with IE either, nor with NS 4.77, nor with Mozilla.
> > Furthermore, this is CSS2 compatible rendering, I cannot change that.
> I checked it with Mozilla last night and IE5 just now. It works with them but
> looks terrible with Konqueror. The BORDER probably isn't really the issue -
> the issue is more likely to be Konqueror's default value for IMGs "vspace"
> attribute. Looks like IE and Moz both default to 0 - what does KHTML use?

vspace is 0.

You're lucky that I'm feeling really bored right now waiting for the
compiler.

check out http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~dmuell/marine.png

You see IE 5.5 (Windows NT) there, you see NS 4.x there and you see
Konqueror.

as you can see, its the webpage that is fucked. I explained you already why.
I hope you believe me now.

Dirk