List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIOSlave "man:" ... and general KIOSlave usage
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () zvw ! de>
Date:       2001-07-16 10:27:19

On Monday, 16. July 2001 03:27, Rob Kaper wrote:

> Talking about these, why aren't they in "Information" ?? I cannot control
> anything. In fact, it looks like the Control Center is now being abused as
> help center as well! This is especially weird because the audio_cd kio
> slave _can_ be configured from the Control Center under Sound.

I think most of the kioslaves should be more configurable and should get the
config options in this module instead of only a (still missing) description
of them. I also think that Network is the wrong place for this module because
almost half of the kioslaves don't implement a networking protocol at all,
like file, gzip, bzip2, tar, floppy, info, man, thumbnail, ...

--
First they ignore you. Then they laugh about you.
Then they fight you. And then you win.