List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Text to Speech plugin for Konqueror needs testing
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2001-07-15 23:48:18

Hi George,

What fun!  I haven't had speech synthesis since 1981 on my TI99. <grin>  I
get a lot of garbage for about the first 5 seconds when using a16bit voice,
which is too bad because the 8bit voice is grating.   Nonetheless, I'm now
trying to figure out how to automate having news articles read out while I'm
eating breakfast, and emails when I get home. ;)  This will be a very, very,
very cool feature to have better integrated into KDE.  At least into
konqueror, kmail, kword, and kate.

Thanks, George!
Ellis

Btw, one probable error in Makefile.am: the last line contains a reference to
'babelfish' instead of 'speaker'.