List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Improvement of KDEPrint (please read)
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-15 20:37:08

On Sunday 15 July 2001 21:11, Christopher Willmot wrote:
> Ah,  I didn't realize the printing was supposed to be useable yet.
> Even now there is no way to set print borders and the printing is set to
> cover all an a4 sheet - ok if your printer can physically *print* all of
> it. [My printer always cuts off half the top and bottom lines.] I didn't
> submit a bug report becuase I thought it was still very much a work in
> progress.

Depending on the plugin used you may or may not be able to change that from
KDEPrint. Not all print systems all changes in the settings by applications.
Especially the borders can never be configured by KDE apps due to a
misfeature in QPrinter's postscript generation code. So you will have to set
them in your print system instead.

Martijn