List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Why libxml
From:       Igor Gilitschenski <igi-g () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-07-15 19:29:15

Hi Guys,

There is a point I don't get about KDE. Qt has a wonderful XML Parser,
which might be slower than libxml, but seems to be still quite stable
and fast. So my question is why do we use libxml?
Please don't get me wrong, I actually love libxml and I think it to be
a really cool parser, but the problem is we seem to load one more
library, which takes memory away. I'm quite new to KDE development and
didn't get reasons for using libxml. Could you explain it to me?

Igor
--
"Die Wirklichkeit ist nicht die Wahrheit"
- Realitaetspinzip, 1983, Erich Fried