List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ... is a threaded library, Qt needs to be as well
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-14 23:10:43

On Saturday 14 July 2001 23:28, Rob Kaper wrote:
> Is this going to get me into problems? Will it get me into problems if I
> configure Qt with threads enabled?

configure -no-opengl or whatever that option is called will work here, but I
don't know if you want to leave openGL support out...

You can also build KDE with thread support enabled, it seems perfectly
possible by now. I really think we should enable it by default on KDE 3, so
even if we don't use it cases like this work ok. OTOH, what would be the
effect of having a MT-Qt linking against a non-MT openGL? Same as here, or is
that way still possible?

> Is it a Qt bug that "Qt needs to be as well" doesn't switch the parameter
> itself? (cc:ed qt-bugs)

Don't think so, because a threaded Qt will affect everything compiled against
non-threaded Qt and thus break. I think Qt should rather turn off openGL
support in this case (if it doesn't already do).

Martijn