List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Adding app to KDE?
From:       Antonio Larrosa =?iso-8859-1?q?Jim=E9nez?= <larrosa () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-14 22:52:06

El Sáb 14 Jul 2001 18:34, David Watson escribió:
> I hope this is the proper place to send this message.
>
> I've written a recipe program for KDE called Cookbook, and I was
> wondering if it would be possible to add it to KDE. It's stable and
> works fine, but needs a little bit of work, mainly with printing support
> (just minor stuff like changing from QPrinter to KDEPrint and fixing
> output). Also it's not set up for translations (mainly because I don't
> know how to do it, and even if I did I don't know any other languages).
>
> You can get it at http://www.mcs.kent.edu/~dwatson/cookbook.html . It
> should compile with no problems - at least it has on the three systems
> I've tried it with. It's licensed under the GPL, but if there's another
> license that would be preferable, I don't have any problem with
> relicensing.
>
> I know that there's probably no way it could get into 2.2, what with
> freezes and such, but I don't have a problem with that.
>
> Is there someone I should get in touch with to see about doing this?

Nice application, but I'm not sure in which module it should get into,
kdeutils ?
Have you thought about using the database of nutrients provided by
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR14/sr14.html
to show the number of calories/amount of vitamins/etc. in a given recipe ?

Btw, you should talk to David Faure <faure@kde.org> or Stephan Kulow
<coolo@kde.org> about getting it into cvs.

Greetings,

--