List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: linux-magazin - browsers under linux
From:       Daniel Molkentin <daniel () molkentin ! de>
Date:       2001-07-12 1:36:55

Am Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2001 02:10 schrieb Dirk Mueller:
> On Mit, 11 Jul 2001, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> > They made the tests with iBench from Ziff Davis Media, Inc.
> > Is anyone using this program to test konqueror systematicaly?
>
> No. I looked into these tests quite a while ago, but honestly they are such
> a piece of crap (you won't find them on any realworld page anywhere else)
> its not worth caring about. Apparently they found out that themselves,
> because the tests are been took of the net currently as far as I know.

they == ZDNet. Indeed, this tests are really unrealistic. Basically, only IE
can cope with them now. But  the fact that the test also consists of a
mandatory Shockwave test (which of course cannot be there except for using
Reaktivate) shows that this test was never supposed to be ran elsewhere but
under Windows....

> And that the author of that article didn't find out how to enable
> Javascript or Flash plugins in Konqueror explains everything..

I don't think they forgot. Every Test has footnotes like "Did not work
entirely". Still, this is not of any help. Also, the dash in each test
implies "This browser cannot cope with CSS/JS/Java...", which is definitly
wrong.

If only someone could pass me this darn iBench stuff.

BTW: is anyone preparing a letter to the editor?

Greetings,

</daniel>