List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Krash: When launching an application on first startup, kde locks
From:       Jay Oliveri <ilnero () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-07-08 4:21:24

I'm getting a wierd error here.  Something I cannot attribute to my
setup since it's been OK for a while now.

When KDE first starts, and I click on the Kmail icon on the Desktop, it
seems to ignore the fact that I clicked it.  If I click it again, then
the desktop appears to freeze.  I then must ctrl-alt-backspace to kill
X.

Then, if I restart KDE, it seems to work OK again.

KDE 2.2beta1 - compiled sources
Linux (i686) release 2.4.5
gcc version 2.95.4 20010319 (Debian prerelease)

*************************
console output as follows:

X server XKB extension major=1 minor=0
Xlib XKB extension major=1 minor=0
X server XKB extension major=1 minor=0
kcminit: Initializing libkcm_style: init_style
kcminit: Initializing libkcm_nsplugin: init_nsplugin
kcminit: Initializing libkcm_kmix: init_kmix
kcminit: Initializing libkcm_fonts: init_fonts
kcminit: Initializing libkcm_keys: init_keys
kcminit: Initializing libkcm_energy: init_energy
kcminit: Initializing libkcm_arts: init_arts
kcminit: Initializing libkcm_access: init_access
kcminit: Initializing libkcm_bell: init_bell
Xlib XKB extension major=1 minor=0
X server XKB extension major=1 minor=0
_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
KSMServer: SetAProc_loc: conn 0, prot=local, file=/tmp/.ICE-unix/264
KSMServer::restoreSession
kwin: Switching to desktop #1, at focus_chain index 0
kwin: desktop_focus_chain[] = { 1, 2, 3, 4, }
relPath=System/ScreenSavers/
kdesktop: Saver Engine disabled
kdesktop: KDesktop::workAreaChanged() -> starting timer
kdesktop: KDesktop::slotStart
libkonq: KonqIconViewWidget::setIcons( 0 , )
kdesktop: KDesktop::slotStarted
libkonq: KNewMenu::KNewMenu 0x80d4d70
kdesktop: KRootWm::initConfig
kdesktop: KRootWm::buildMenus
kdesktop: Esetroot compat:  setting pixmap to 20971721
kdesktop: KDesktop::updateWorkArea wr: 0,0 1024x768
kdesktop: resizeContents 1024x768
kicker: ContainerArea::loadContainerConfig()
kicker: RecentlyLaunchedApps::init
libkonq: KonqIconViewWidget::setIcons( 0 , )
kdesktop: KDesktop::slotCompleted 0 1
kicker: ContainerArea::configure()
kicker: Panel sets new strut: 3
kicker: 0 30 0 0
kicker: tooltips disabled
kicker: PanelContainer::autoHide( false )
kicker: already in that state
kicker: ExtensionManager::loadContainerConfig()
kicker: Installing crash handler
kdesktop: KDesktop::workAreaChanged() -> starting timer
kdesktop: KDesktop::updateWorkArea wr: 0,0 1024x738
kdesktop: resizeContents 1024x738
kwin: Switching to desktop #2, at focus_chain index 1
kwin: desktop_focus_chain[] = { 2, 1, 3, 4, }

--
Jay Oliveri                                  "In the land of the blind,
                                              the one-eyed man is king."