List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New screensaver for KDE?
From:       <brian () shadowcom ! net>
Date:       2001-07-06 18:11:04

I'm gonna leave the BSD vs GPL debate to the flame pit known as Usenet.
Suffice to say that I prefer the freedoms of BSD-type licenses, as a
commercial developer.

That being said, the whole kcad screensaver is based off of a screenshot of
the cad screensaver in Windows NT.  However, this isn't the default "look"
that you get with the screensaver.  (And, no, I don't have a configuration
dialog.  Neither does the NT "version" of this screensaver... ;)

Also, I hope that most KDE users who use a screensaver this sarcastic know
not to press ctrl-alt-del to log in.  :)

This software is meant purely for entertainment purposes.  I would be happy
to contribute the code, in its entirety, to whichever part of the KDE
project it belongs.

Keep up the great work!

-b