List:       kde-devel
Subject:    memory leak with Konqueror
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz-home () cobol2java ! com>
Date:       2001-07-06 11:27:49

Hi guys,

I left my machine idle for 12 hours here, running nothing but KDE and konsole
session (with nothing special but some docs opened)

Then I came in the morning, opening Konqueror, going to slashdot and opening
slashdot stories - then the memory leak showed up...

It appears when there are tons of posts in slashdot (300 plus) - then my hard
disks swaps like crazy.

Doing top finds a nice program thats eating the memory - the process name:

kdeinit: --silent

killing it (after closing Konqueror) brings back all the memory..

Hetz