Hi, I'm writning a KControl module - which can be run as a normal user, and root (by selecting the 'root' button in the bottom-right hand corner of KControl). The module saves some information in its own rc config file. This works OK for the normal user. However, when the user decides to become root by pressing the 'root' button, everything in the module works OK - but no information is written back to root's rc file. Is this a problem due to embedding root's module within KControl running as a non-root user? If so, how can I get around this? Basically my module's for installing fonts. When a non-root user uses it, the fonts will be installed into $KDEHOME/share/fonts/, and when the module is run as root, then /usr/X11R6/..etc will be used. So I liked the idea of allowing the user to install their own fonts, and then 'become' root to install system fonts. Ciao Craig. >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<