List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to have your app restored
From:       David Boosalis <boosalis () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-07-02 15:29:50

I would like to have my app automatically restored after first logging
out and then logging in, this behavior is common for a lot of kde apps
such as the kterminal.

My very simple example:
/*************************************/
  KApplication app(argc,argv,"kdetut");

  (app.dcopClient())->registerAs(app.name());
  if (app.isRestored())
  {
      RESTORE(KdeEx);
  }
  else
  {
      KdeEx *kmw = new KdeEx(0,"test");
      app.setMainWidget(kmw);
      kmw->show();
  }
  return app.exec();
}

I am not sure what the RESTORE macro does, and how it works.  This app
lives in a subdirectory of my home directoy, do I need to put it
somewhere where kde can find it.

Thank you in advanced for any help that you can provide.

-David