List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2 Beta1: No icons with 8bpp PseudoColor displays.
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-29 18:32:11

On Friday June 29, 2001 2:03 pm, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Friday 29 June 2001 18:57, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > I get the same thing on my Dec terminal.  I think it comes from the lack
> > of 8bit icons....
>
> I wanted to say that those were moved to kdeartwork, but that would be
> lying from my part. They are not there??? I was pretty sure they were moved
> to kdeartwork, but if they aren't then I would like to know _why_ they are
> not?

I thought I rememberd hearing that they where being redone.  I am not sure at
all though.  I once asked how much CPU it would waste if we would dither them
from 24bit to 16/8/1 bit on the fly, but no-one seemed to want to touch
that...

I have seen it done under MacOS before, but they do alot of strange things
when it comes to the GUI ;)

-ian reinhart geiser

--
Fortune for the day: